منتدى التفكير بواسطة القبعات الست
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

نظرات نحـو آفاق بعيدة -*- نلتقي لنرتقي

الرئيسيةExcerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz I_icon_mini_portalأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخولتسجيل دخول الاعضاء
المواضيع الأخيرة
» إحتواء قصه قصيرة بقلم الروائي محي الدين حافظ
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyاليوم في 11:41 am من طرف freeman

» مراقب قصة قصيره بقلم محي الدين محمود حافظ
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالثلاثاء سبتمبر 17, 2024 12:48 am من طرف freeman

» المراقب والانتقام من ادم وذريته.. الاستاذ محي الدين محمود حافظ
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالإثنين سبتمبر 16, 2024 10:59 pm من طرف freeman

» المراقب والانتقام من ادم وذريته.. الاستاذ محي الدين محمود حافظ
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالإثنين سبتمبر 16, 2024 10:04 pm من طرف freeman

» لغة الزهور
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالأحد سبتمبر 15, 2024 4:47 pm من طرف freeman

» كن ايجابيا
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالأحد سبتمبر 15, 2024 1:39 am من طرف freeman

Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالسبت سبتمبر 14, 2024 10:23 pm من طرف freeman

Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالسبت سبتمبر 14, 2024 10:22 pm من طرف freeman

» أشعارك
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 13, 2024 1:59 am من طرف freeman

» قصة فارس وجيلان بث مباشر !!! " للكاتب المبدع محي الدين محمود حافظ
Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالخميس سبتمبر 12, 2024 3:15 pm من طرف freeman

احصائيات
هذا المنتدى يتوفر على 1250 عُضو.
آخر عُضو مُسجل هو ErnestoDop فمرحباً به.

أعضاؤنا قدموا 31595 مساهمة في هذا المنتدى في 21694 موضوع
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 164 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 164 زائر :: 2 عناكب الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 518 بتاريخ الإثنين سبتمبر 16, 2024 11:10 pm
المواضيع الأكثر نشاطاً
سجل حضورك اليومي بالصلاة على الحبيب
قـُل حكمة ، مثل ، او بيت من الشعر
لتلاميذ وقاد لخميسي
ضع حكمة كل يوم لكن إعمل بها
التواصل…أية أهمية في الوسط المدرسي؟
عضوه يهوديه جديدة في المنتدى...
سؤال مهم لجميع تلاميذ وقاد خميسي
البنات افضل من الاولاد
تكريم أنشط أعضاء المنتدى (حصري)
لماذا نخجل من كلمة عاطفة
سحابة الكلمات الدلالية
انني الخاصة الذهنية المحطة الخرائط لحظة حواء النجاح التعليم إدارة الزمن التغيير المعلم THINKING الفعال الطفل القبعات شرود التعلم التفكير الست حوار اقرأ حرفي المهم الناجح

Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
freeman
المـديـر العـــام
المـديـر العـــام
freeman

عدد المساهمات : 19241
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/01/2011
العمر : 64
الموقع : http://sixhats.jimdo.com/

Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz   Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz Emptyالأحد مايو 20, 2012 2:50 pm

The size of bank accounts, the size of happiness accounts, and the size of one’s general satisfaction
account is dependent on ‘the size of one’s thinking”. There is magic in thinking big.
Success does not demand price. Every step forward pays a dividend.
Belief, the “I-am-positive-I-can” attitude, generates the power, skill, and energy needed to do. When you
believe I-can-do-it, the how-to-do-it develops. The how-to-do-it always comes to the person who believes
he can do it. Belief, strong belief, triggers the mind to figuring ways and means and how-to.
Belief in great results is the driving force, the power behind all great books, plays, scientific discoveries.
Belief in success is behind every successful business, church, and political organization. Belief in success
is one basic, absolutely essential ingredient in successful people.
The “Okay-I’ll-give-it-a-try-but-I-don’t-think-it-will-work” attitude produces failures.
Disbelief is negative power. When the mind disbelieves or doubts, the mind attracts “reasons” to support
the disbelief. Doubt, disbelief, the subconscious will to fail, the not really wanting to succeed, is
responsible for most failures.
It is well to respect the leader. Learn from him. Observe him. Study him. But don’t worship him. Believe
you can surpass. Believe you can go beyond. Those who harbor the second-best attitude invariably
second-best doers.
Belief is the thermostat that regulates what we accomplish in life. Believe in yourself and good things do
start happening.
Those who convert opportunity into reward will be those wise people who learn how to think themselves
to success.
How to develop the power of belief?
1. Think success, don’t think failure. Thinking success conditions your mind to create plans that
produce success.
2. Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are. Success does not require
super-intellect. Nor is there anything mystical about success. And success is not based on luck.
Successful people are just ordinary folks who have developed belief in themselves and what
they do. Never, sell yourself short.
3. Believe BIG.
“… We need from every man who aspires to leadership – for himself and his company – a determination
to undertake a personal program of self development. Nobody is going to order a man to develop. ….
Whether a man lags behind or moves ahead in his specialty is a matter of his own personal application.
This is something which takes time, work, and sacrifice. Nobody can do it for you.”
-Mr. Ralph J. Cordiner, Chairman of Board of the General Electric Company in a leadership conference.
Persons who reach the top rungs in business management, selling, engineering, religious work,
writing, acting, and in every other pursuit get there by following conscientiously and continuously a
plan for self-development and growth.
Excusitis
The more successful the individual, the less inclined he is to make excuses.
Vaccinate yourself against Excusitis, the disease of the failures.
Four major categories of excusitis are (1) health excusitis, (2) intelligence excusitis, (3) age excusitis, and
(4) luck excusitis.
My physician and surgeon friends tell me the perfect specimen of adult life is non-existent. There is
something physically wrong with everybody. Many surrender in whole or in part to health excusitis but
success-thinking people do not.
Read “How to live 365 days a year” by Dr. Schindler.
EII – Emotionally Induced Illness.
The right attitude and one arm will beat the wrong attitude and two arms every time.
Four things you can do to lick health excusitis.
1. Refuse to talk about your health. Talking about bad health is like putting fertilizer on weeds.
2. Refuse to worry about your health.
3. Be genuinely grateful that your health is as good as it is.
4. Remind yourself often, “It’s better to wear out than rust out.”
Most of us make two basic errors with respect to intelligence:
1. We underestimate our own brain power, and
2. We overestimate the other fellow’s brain power.
What really matters is not how much intelligence you have but how you use what you do have. The
thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important than the quantity of your brain power.
“The thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important than how much intelligence you may
have.”
“A child does not need a lightning fast mind to be a scientist, nor does he need a miraculous memory,
nor is it necessary that he get very high grades in school. The only point that counts is that the child
has a high degree of interest in science.” –Dr. Edward Teller
Just enough sense to stick with something – a chore, task, project – until it is completed, pays off
much better than idle intelligence, even if idle intelligence be of genius caliber. Stickability is 95
percent of ability.
The thinking that guides your intelligence is much more important than how much intelligence you have.
Not even a Ph. D. degree can override this basic success principle!
Knowledge is only potential power. Knowledge is power only when put to use – and then only when the
use made of it is constructive.
The ability to know how to get information is more important than using the mind as a garage for facts.
Three ways to cure intelligence excusitis are:
1. Never underestimate your own intelligence and never over-estimate the intelligence of others.
2. Remind yourself several times daily, “My attitudes are more important than my intelligence.”
3. Remember that the ability to think is of much greater value than the ability to memorize facts.
Curing yourself of age excusitis often opens doors to opportunities that you thought were locked tight.
When you lick age excusitis, the natural result is to gain the optimism of youth and feel of youth.
1. Look at your present age positively.
2. Compute how much productive time you have left. (21 to 70)
3. Invest future time in doing what you really want to do.
Conquer Luck Excusitis in two ways:
1. Accept the law of cause and effect. Mr. Success receives a setback; he learns and profits. But
when Mr. Mediocre loses, he fails to learn.
2. Don’t be a wishful thinker. Don’t waste your mental muscles dreaming of an effortless way to
win success. Just concentrate on developing those qualities in yourself that will make you a
winner.
All confidence is acquired, developed. No one is born with confidence. Those people you know who
radiate confidence, who have conquered worry, who are at ease everywhere and all the time, acquired
their confidence, every bit of it.
Action cures fear. Indecision, postponement, on the other hand, fertilizes fear.
When we face tough problems, we stay mired in the mud until we take action. Hope is a start. But hope
needs action to win victories.
Procedure to cure fear and win confidence:
1. Isolate your fear. Pin it down. Determine exactly what you are afraid of.
2. Then take action. There is some kind of action for any kind of fear.
Hesitation only enlarges, magnifies the fear. Take action promptly. Be decisive.
Whether the psychological problem is big or little, the cure comes when one learns to quit drawing
negatives from one’s memory bank and withdraws positives instead.
There is within each of us a desire to be right, think right, and act right. When we go against that
desire we put a cancer in our conscience. This cancer grows and grows by eating away at our
confidence. Avoid doing anything that will cause you to ask yourself, “Will I get caught? Will they
find out? Will I get away with it?”
Doing what is right keeps your conscience satisfied. And this builds self confidence. When we do what is
known to be wrong, two negative things happen. First, we feel guilt and this guilt eats away confidence.
Second, other people sooner or later find out and lose confidence in us.
Looking the other person in the eyes tells him, “I am honest and above board. I believe in what I am
telling you. I am not afraid. I am confident.”
You are bigger than you think. So, fit your thinking to your size. Think as big as you really are!
People who use difficult, high-sounding words and phrases which most folks have to strain themselves to
understand are inclined to be overbearing, and stuffed shirts. And stuffed shirts are usually small thinkers.
We do not think in words and phrases. We think only in pictures and/or images. Words are the raw
material of thought. When spoken or read, that amazing instrument, the mind, automatically converts
words and phrases into mind pictures. The mind pictures we see are modified by the kinds of words we
use to name things and describe things. When you speak or write you are, in a sense, a projector showing
movies in the minds of others. And the pictures you create determine how you and others react.
Ways to develop the big thinker’s vocabulary:
1. Use big, positive, cheerful words and phrases to describe how you feel.
2. Use bright, cheerful, favorable words and phrases to describe other people.
3. Use positive language to encourage others.
4. Use positive words to outline plans to others.
When you feel like taking negative action, ask yourself, “Is it really important?” That question works
magic in building a finer home situation.
Creative thinking is simply finding new, improved ways to do anything. The rewards of all types of
success – success in the home, at work, in the community – hinge on finding ways to do things better.
Now, let us see what we can do to develop and strengthen our creative thinking ability.
When you really believe you can do more, your mind thinks creatively and shows you the way.
Ideas are highly perishable. If we are not on guard, the squirrels (negative-thinking people) will
destroy most of them. Ideas require special handling from the time they are born until they are
transformed into practical ways for doing better. Use the following ways to harness and develop
your ideas.
1. Don’t let ideas escape. Write them down.
2. Review your ideas.
3. Cultivate and fertilize your ideas.
We receive the kind of treatment we think we deserve. Winning respect is fundamentally simple. To gain
respect of others, you must first think you deserve respect. And the more respect you have for yourself,
the more respect others will have for you.
The ways we think toward our jobs determine how our subordinates think toward their job.
How does one develop enthusiasm? Think enthusiastically. Build in yourself an optimistic, progressive
glow, a feeling that “this is great and I am 100 per cent for it.”
The person with a constructive off-the-job life nearly always is more successful than the person who lives
in a dull, dreary home situation.
Guard your psychological environment. Select friends who are interested in positive things, friends
who really do want to see you succeed. Find friends who breathe encouragement into your plans
and ideals. If you don’t, if you select petty thinkers as your close friends, you will gradually develop
into a petty thinker yourself.
There is another type of poison perhaps a little more insidious – thought poison – commonly known
as “gossip”. Thought poison differs from body-poison in two ways. It affects the mind, not the body,
and is more subtle. The person being poisoned usually doesn’t know it.
Thought-poison is subtle but it accomplishes “big” things. It reduces the size of our thinking by
forcing us to concentrate on petty, unimportant things. It warps and twists our thinking about
people because it is based on a distortion of facts, and it creates a guilt feeling in us that shows
through when we meet the person we have gossiped about. Thought-poison is 0 percent right
thinking and 100 percent wrong thinking.
Talk about the people but stay on positive side.
Test your proneness to be gossiper by asking following questions.
1. Do I spread rumors about other people?
2. Do I always have good things to say about others?
3. Do I like to hear reports of a scandal?
4. Do I judge others only on the basis of facts?
5. Do I encourage others to bring their rumors to me?
6. Do I precede my conversations with “Don’t tell anybody”?
7. Do I keep confidential information confidential?
8. Do I feel guilty about what I say concerning other people?
Using verbal axes and grenades on another person doesn’t do one thing to make you a better you or me a
better me.
For millions of years men communicated with other men by body and facial expressions and sounds, not
words. And we still communicate our attitudes, our feelings toward people and things, the same way.
Aside from direct body contact, body movements, facial expressions, and sound are the only way we have
to communicate with infants.
When our attitude is right, our abilities reach a maximum of effectiveness and good results
inevitably follow. Right attitude win for you in every situation.
 Grow the attitude of I am activated.
 Grow the attitude of you are important.
 Grow the attitude of service first.
When you make a habit of coloring your words with sincere feelings you will notice a great uptake in
your ability to hold attention.
The desire to be important is man’s strongest, most compelling non-biological hunger.
Satisfying the craving, the hunger to be important carries you forward to success. It is basic equipment in
your success tool chest. Even though displaying the attitude, “You are important” gets results, and even
though it costs nothing, few persons use it.
A person is a biological rarity. He is important in God’s scheme of things.
People do more for you when you make them feel important. It pays to make “little” people feel like big
people. Make someone feel important and he cares about you. And when he cares about you, he does
more for you. The big thinker always adds value to people by visualizing at their best. Because he thinks
big about people, he gets their best out of them. When you help others feel important, you help yourself
feel important too.
The seed of money is service. That is why “put-service-first” is an attitude which creates wealth. Put
service first and money takes care of itself.
Always give people more than they expect to get. Each little extra something you do for others is a money
seed.
Think right towards people
Today a person either supports you willingly or he doesn’t support at all. I depend on others in order to
achieve the success I want, but what I do to get these people to support me and accept my leadership?
A person is not pulled up to a higher level job. Rather, he is lifted up. In this day and age nobody has time
not patience to pull another up the job ladder, degree by painful degree. The individual is chosen whose
record makes him stand higher than the rest. We are lifted to higher levels by those who know us as
likeable, personable individuals. Every friend you make lifts you just one notch higher. And being
likeable make you lighter to lift.
Big people, those on top in industry, the arts, sciences, and politics are humane, warm. They specialize in
being likeable.
Friendship cannot be bought. And when we try, we lose in two ways:
1. We waste money.
2. We create contempt.
When you make a pleasant remark to a stranger, you make him feel one degree better. This makes you
feel better and helps you relax. Every time you say something pleasant to another person, you
complement yourself. It is like warming up your automobile on a cold morning.
We must remember that most people do not understand the concepts of thinking right toward people. So it
is very common experience for people to come rushing to you, just aching to say something negative
about a person you both know: a co-worker wants to tell you about the objectionable qualities of another
employee; a neighbor wants to let you know the domestic problems of another neighbor; or a customer
wants to itemize the faults of his competitor, whom you will call on next.
You cannot even fool a dog. Yours mannerisms, eyes, facial expressions, all spell p-h-o-n-e-y when you
pretend.
Think first class about everyone around you and you will receive first-class results in return.
The person who does the most talking and the person who is the most successful are rarely the same
person. Almost without exception, the more successful the person, the more he practices conversation
generosity, that is, he encourages the other person to talk about himself, his views, his accomplishments,
his family, his job, his problems.
Conversation generosity is the easiest, simplest, and surest way there is to win a friend.
Courtesy practiced in every relationship with another person is the finest tranquilizer you can use. No
commercial preparation is 1/10 as effective in relaxing you as doing little things for other people.
Thinking right toward people removes frustrations and stress. When you boil it all down, the big cause of
stress is negative feelings toward other people. So think positive toward people and discover how
wonderful, really wonderful this world is.
Don’t blame others when you receive a setback. Remember, how you think when you lose determines
how long it will be until you win.
Get the Action Habit
Two things to help you avoid the costly mistake of waiting until conditions are perfect before you act:
1. Expect future obstacles and difficulties.
2. Meet problems and obstacles as they arise.
Ideas are important. We must have ideas to create and improve anything. Success shuns the man who
lacks ideas.
Every day thousands of people bury good ideas because they are afraid to act on them.
A good idea if not acted upon produces terrible psychological pain. But a good idea acted upon brings
enormous satisfaction.
Build confidence. Destroy fear through action. Action must precede action. That’s a law of nature.
People that get things done in this world don’t wait for the spirit to move; they move the spirit.
A simple five-cent pencil is the greatest concentration tool money can buy. With a pencil and paper you
can tie your mind to a problem. When you write on paper, you “write” on your mind.
It is easier to spend what is left over after savings than it is to save what is left over after spending.
Thinking in terms of now gets things accomplished. But thinking in terms of someday or sometime
usually means failure.
I am in condition right now to begin. I cannot gain a thing by putting it off. I will use the ‘get ready’ time
and energy to get going instead.
The person with initiative has a standing invitation to join the high-income brackets in every business and
profession.
People place confidence in the fellow who acts. They naturally assume he knows what he is doing.
Grow the Action Habit by practicing the following key points:
1. Be an ‘activationist’.
2. Don’t wait until conditions are perfect. They will never be. Expect future obstacles and
difficulties and solve them as they arise.
3. Ideas alone won’t bring success. Ideas have value only when you act upon them.
4. Use action to cure fear and gain confidence. Do what you fear and fear disappears.
5. Start your mental engine mechanically. Don’t wait for the spirit to move you. Take action, dig
in, and you move the spirit.
6. Think in terms of now. Tomorrow, next week, later and similar words often are synonymous
with the failure word never. Be an “I’m starting right now” kind of person.
7. Don’t waste time getting ready to act. Start acting instead.
8. Seize the initiative. Be a crusader. Pick up the ball and run. Be a volunteer. Show that you
have the ability and ambition to do.
Get in gear and go!
Those who have succeeded in a major way have been pounded by losing situations. Each person in this
elite corps of successful men has encountered opposition, discouragement, setbacks, personal misfortune.
Salvage something from every setback. We can turn setbacks into victories. Find the lesson, apply it, and
then look back on defeat and smile.
Defeat is only a state of mind, and nothing more.
Decide right now to salvage something from every set-back. Next time things seem to go wrong on the
job or at home, calm down and find out what caused the trouble. This is the way to avoid making the
same error twice.
Being licked is valuable if we learn from it.
Put yourself in a glass tube and look at yourself as a disinterested third party would look at the situation.
See if you have a weakness that you have never noticed before. If you have, take action to correct it.
Many people become so accustomed to themselves that they fail to see ways for improvement.
“At the unhappiest moment of her life she received the best advice she has ever had.” Opera star Rise
Stevens in Readers Digest (July 1955).
Be constructively self-critical. Don’t run away from inadequacies. Be like the real professionals. They
seek out their faults and weaknesses, correct them. That is what makes them professionals.
“A failure is a man who has blundered but is not able to cash in on the experience.” Elbert Hubbard.
Instead of blaming luck, research those setbacks, if you lose, learn. Lots of folks go through life
explaining their mediocrity with “hard luck”, “tough luck”, and “bad luck”. These people are still like
children, immature, searching for sympathy. Without realizing it, they fail to see opportunities to grow
bigger, stronger, and more self-reliant.
Stay with your goal. Don’t waver an inch from it. But don’t beat your head against a wall. If you are not
getting results, try a new approach.
When you believe there is a way you automatically convert negative energy (let’s quit, let us go back)
into positive energy (let us keep going, let us move ahead). A problem, a difficulty, becomes unsolvable
only when you think it is unsolvable. Attract solutions by believing solutions are possible. Refuse, simply
refuse, to even let yourself say or think that it is impossible.
See the good side and conquer the defeat. All things do work together for good if you will just develop
clear vision.
Use goals to help you grow
A goal is an objective, a purpose. A goal is more than a dream; it is a dream being acted upon. A goal is
more than a hazy “Oh, I wish I could.” A goal is clear “This is what I’m working toward.” Without goals
individuals just wander through life. They stumble along, never knowing where they are going, so they
never get anywhere.
An image of me, 10 years from now:
Work department: 10 years from now:
What income level do I want to attain?
What level of responsibility do I seek?
How much authority do I want to command?
What prestige do I expect to gain from my work?
Home department: 10 years from now:
What kind of standard of living do I want to provide for my family and myself?
What kind of house do I want to live in?
What kind of vacations do I want to take?
What financial support do I want to give my children in their early adult years?
Social department: 10 years from now:
What kind of friends do I want to have?
What social groups do I want to join?
What community leadership positions would I like to hold?
What worthwhile causes do I want to champion?
As you visualize your future, don’t be afraid to be blue sky. People these days are measured by the size of
their dreams. No one accomplishes more than he sets out to accomplish. So visualize a big future.
The standard of living we provide our families and the social and community respect we attain depends
largely on our success in the work department.
Success requires heart and soul efforts and you can only put your heart and soul into something you really
desire.
Five weapons are used to commit success-suicide. Destroy them. They are dangerous.
1. Self-depreciation.
2. Security-itis.
3. Competition.
4. Parental Dictation.
5. Family Responsibility.
The overwhelming majority of really successful people work much longer than 40 hours a week. And you
don’t hear them complain of overwork. Successful people have their eyes focused on a goal and this
provides energy. The point is this: energy increases, multiplies, when you set a desired goal and resolve to
work toward that goal.
Study the very top echelon of successful persons. Note how they, without exception, are totally devoted to
their objective. Observe how the life of a highly successful person is integrated around a purpose.
Set goals to get things done. Goals, intense goals, can keep a person alive when nothing else will.
Next time you see a particularly well-poised, well-groomed, clear-thinking, effective person; remind
yourself that he was not born that way. Lots of conscious effort, invested day by day, made the person
what he is. Building new positive habits and destroying old negative habits is a day-by-day process.
When we detour, we don’t have to change our goals. We just travel a different route.
Profit comes only from one source: investment.
Sound self-investments: (1) Invest in education (anything which improves thinking ability is education);
(2) Invest in idea starters. Take your cue from successful people, invest in yourself.
How to think like a leader
Thinking of the interests of the people we want to influence is an excellent thought rule in every situation.
Whoever is under a man’s power is under his protection, too. We never should have hired this man in the
first place because he is not cut out for this kind of work. But since we did, the least I could do was help
him to relocate. Treat everyone with dignity. Remind yourself that the primary purpose in life is to enjoy
it.
Promotions in all fields go to individuals who believe in – and push for – progress. Think improvement in
everything you do. Think high standards in everything you do.
Believe in expansion, efficiency, new products, new processes, netter schools, increased prosperity.
Change the thinking at the top and you automatically change the thinking at the bottom. When you take
over leadership of a group, the persons in that group immediately begin to adjust themselves to the
standards you set. This is most noticeable during the first few weeks. Their big concern is to “clue” you
in, zero you in, find out what you expect of them.
Over a period of time, subordinates tend to become carbon copies of their chief. The simplest way to get
high-level performance is to be sure the master-copy is worth duplicating.
Am I a progressive thinker?
Do I think progressively toward my work?
1. Do I appraise my work with the “how can we do it better?” attitude?
2. Do I praise my company, the people in it, and the products it sells at every possible opportunity?
3. Are my personal standards with reference to the quantity and quality of my output higher now
than 3 or 6 months ago?
4. Am I setting an excellent example for my subordinates, associates, and others I work with?
Do I think progressively toward my family?
1. Is my family happier today than it was 3 or 6 months ago?
2. Am I following a plan to improve my family’s standard of living?
3. Does my family have an ample variety of stimulating activities outside the home?
4. Do I set an example of “a progressive”, a supporter of progress, for my children?
Do I think progressively toward myself?
1. Can I honestly say I am a more valuable person today than 3 or 6 months ago?
2. Am I following an organized self-improvement program to increase my value to others?
3. Do I have forward looking goals for at least 5 years in the future?
4. Am I a booster in every organization or group to which I belong?
Do I think progressively toward my community?
1. Have I done anything in the past six months that I honestly feel has improved my community
(neighborhood, churches, schools, etc.)?
2. Do I boost worthwhile community projects rather than object, criticize, or complain?
3. Have I ever taken the lead in beginning about some worthwhile improvement in my community?
4. Do I speak well of my neighbor and fellow citizens?
Leadership requires being in the thick of things. But while it is usually overlooked, it is noteworthy that
leaders spend considerable time alone, alone with nothing but their own thinking apparatus.
Leading universities require professors to lecture as few as five hours per week so that the professor has
time to think.
The successful person in any field takes time out to confer with himself or herself. Leaders use solitude to
put the pieces of a problem together, to work out solutions, to plan, and in one phrase, to do their superthinking.
Many people fail to tap their creative leadership power because they confer with everybody and
everything else but themselves.
Nanded Date: 16-4-2012

ْ

________*التــَّـوْقـْـيـعُ*_________
لا أحد يظن أن العظماء تعساء إلا العظماء أنفسهم. إدوارد ينج:  شاعر إنجليزي
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://sixhatsdz.forumalgerie.net

Excerpts from “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David J. Schwartz
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Magic Show David Copperfield
» Magic Show David Copperfield
» David Copperfield's Magic Show
»  The magic of thinking big
» the magic number

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتدى التفكير بواسطة القبعات الست  :: القبعات الست ومايخصها :: منتدي قوة الآن power of now-
انتقل الى: