منتدى التفكير بواسطة القبعات الست
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

نظرات نحـو آفاق بعيدة -*- نلتقي لنرتقي

الرئيسيةWhen you speed read I_icon_mini_portalأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخولتسجيل دخول الاعضاء
المواضيع الأخيرة
» ملايين القطع الصغيرة
When you speed read Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 06, 2024 1:27 am من طرف freeman

» Ma plume d' encre
When you speed read Emptyالخميس سبتمبر 05, 2024 5:43 pm من طرف freeman

» Ma plume d' encre
When you speed read Emptyالخميس سبتمبر 05, 2024 5:42 pm من طرف freeman

» قلب الحبر
When you speed read Emptyالخميس سبتمبر 05, 2024 4:57 pm من طرف freeman

» Go to the airport
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 11:23 pm من طرف freeman

» Aller à l'aéroport
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 10:31 pm من طرف freeman

» كن صديقي فاتن جبور
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 8:33 pm من طرف freeman

» ذهان قراءة نقدية
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 8:22 pm من طرف freeman

» ذهان بقلم محي الدبن محمود حافظ
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 6:28 pm من طرف freeman

» الخرساء قصة قصيرة
When you speed read Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 04, 2024 1:40 pm من طرف freeman

احصائيات
هذا المنتدى يتوفر على 1250 عُضو.
آخر عُضو مُسجل هو ErnestoDop فمرحباً به.

أعضاؤنا قدموا 31574 مساهمة في هذا المنتدى في 21675 موضوع
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 142 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 142 زائر :: 2 عناكب الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 451 بتاريخ الإثنين أغسطس 05, 2019 4:31 am
المواضيع الأكثر نشاطاً
سجل حضورك اليومي بالصلاة على الحبيب
قـُل حكمة ، مثل ، او بيت من الشعر
لتلاميذ وقاد لخميسي
ضع حكمة كل يوم لكن إعمل بها
التواصل…أية أهمية في الوسط المدرسي؟
عضوه يهوديه جديدة في المنتدى...
سؤال مهم لجميع تلاميذ وقاد خميسي
البنات افضل من الاولاد
تكريم أنشط أعضاء المنتدى (حصري)
لماذا نخجل من كلمة عاطفة
سحابة الكلمات الدلالية
التغيير حوار النجاح التفكير اقرأ الطفل شرود الناجح التعلم الذهنية حواء THINKING الست المعلم القبعات التعليم الخاصة المهم الزمن الفعال لحظة إدارة الخرائط حرفي انني المحطة

When you speed read

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
freeman
المـديـر العـــام
المـديـر العـــام
freeman

عدد المساهمات : 19220
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/01/2011
العمر : 64
الموقع : http://sixhats.jimdo.com/

When you speed read Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: When you speed read   When you speed read Emptyالخميس يوليو 14, 2011 10:15 pm

When you speed read, do you look at all the words, or just the keywords?

his is a question that one of my students recently asked me. If you are new to speed reading, it is a very good question to ask. In this month's article, I will explain what I do when I speed read. If you are a speed reader, you can compare your experience with mine.

When we read, our eyes tend to stop on longer words, rather than shorter ones. We must be anticipating where the next stop is going to be, whenever our eyes pause to see. I recognise the shape of the words and process them as groups of words. I know I see all the words when I speed read. The short, common words matter. A preposition can change the whole meaning of a phrase. For example, the meaning of 'get' changes dramatically. (Get on, get out, get in, get over, etc.) One of the key things I look out for are negatives, such as no, not and short form n't in particular. The shape of the words is important. People don't like reading material that is entirely written in capital letters for that reason. It makes it much harder to recognise the shape of the words if all the letters are the same height.

A good speed reader will hold more words in working memory. Recognising the shape of the words and processing them in groups is the key to developing the skill. It also improves comprehension. The speed reader can hold more of the sentence in working memory and can make better decisions about it.
I think about reading as a whole paragraph process. Firstly, I am searching for that main idea. I don't necessarily read in linear sequence. It is more about mentally putting areas of text together. The details attach themselves to the topic. Over the years, I have also come to appreciate the importance of the examples for memory. Often they are recall prompts for the concept. It is essential to have an awareness of the paragraph structure (topic, supporting ideas, details and examples). My question always is, 'What is this paragraph about? '

Keywords are, of course, really important from a memory aspect. Most of us, by age ten, have used a strategy of mentally repeating words to improve recall. Far from suppressing sub-vocalisation, I will use it to improve recall. I think this is where the idea that speed readers just read keywords comes from. I know I give more attention to keywords if I need to memorise information. I still see all the words. If I want to speed up, I just mentally hear the keywords faster!

Speed reading is a great skill to learn. If you do it thoughtfully, it can provide you with many insights as to how you process information. It can make a huge difference. You can use it to manage your reading workload much more effectively. If you haven't learned how to speed read, you might like to consider coming on one of my courses. You'd be very welcome!

Anne Jones, December,

ْ

________*التــَّـوْقـْـيـعُ*_________
لا أحد يظن أن العظماء تعساء إلا العظماء أنفسهم. إدوارد ينج:  شاعر إنجليزي
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://sixhatsdz.forumalgerie.net

When you speed read
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» How To Speed Read
» Bill Handley's "Speed Maths and Speed Fun in Learning" at Nanyang Primary School, Singapore
» speed reading
» Speed Reading
» SPEED READING

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتدى التفكير بواسطة القبعات الست  :: المواد و الكتب الإلكترونية :: منتدى المطالعة والقراءة الحرة Forum reading, free reading-
انتقل الى: